0 items in Cart
2000 1oz American Gold Eagle
|Payment Method||Qty 1+|
As low as $127.44 per oz above spot
Bob Paul Rare Coins buy price $1,598.00
The US Mint introduced the American Gold Eagle in 1986 in response to the growing demand for gold coins in the United States and many investors like to own a variety of different years of gold eagle coins. Each 2000 1oz American Gold Eagle contains one troy ounce of fine gold (31.1035 grams), although the 2000 coin itself is alloyed with silver and copper to make it more durable yielding an overall fineness of 0.9167 and a weight of 33.93 grams. Once introduced in 1986, the American Gold Eagle became the most popular gold coin sold in the United States, surpassing both the Canadian Gold Maple Leaf and the Krugerrand. The design, purity, weight, and liquidity of the 2000 American Gold Eagle is equivalent to any other year. Mintages of Gold American eagles vary from year to year, although no year is particularly rare. The weight, gold content, and gold purity of this coin are guaranteed by the US Government.
• The 2000 1oz American Gold Eagle is highly liquid, meaning it is easy to buy and sell
• It contains 1 oz of .9999 pure gold alloyed for durability yielding a purity of .9167
• This coin appeals bullion investors as its purity is guaranteed by the United States
• The coin bears a face value of 50 USD
• Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs
• The 1 oz American Gold Eagle coin is recognized by gold dealers worldwide
Country - USA
Mint - United States Mint (www.usmint.gov)
Year - 2000
Purity - .9167
Diameter - 30.7 mm
Legal Tender - US $50
Designer - Augustus Saint-Gaudens, Miley Busiek
IRA Eligible - Yes
|Mint||United States Mint|
You must be authenticated to write reviews. Click here to login.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!